Thursday, November 10, 2011

Taqueria Guadalajara--San Leandro (Mexican cuisine)

On a whim, my friend took me to this very smoky Mexican joint. I'm sure I ended up smelling like it for the rest of the day since the air inside was infused with oil vapors. Even though the place looked like a cafeteria, the food was superb. Located in a shopping strip at 14327 E. 14th Street, Ste. A, in San Leandro, don't worry about dressing up at this very casual dinning establishment.

You order at the counter, get your number, and the food is brought to your table. I ordered a lengua (cow tongue) super burrito and my friend ordered three different tacos: lengua, carnitas (braised pork) and more pork.

The super burrito was super delicious. I'm not sure what made it more delicious than other lengua super burritos I've had before, but I was impressed. The lengua was very tender and moist, the spanish rice was flavorful and the beans went down very easy.


The tacos were also a hit. The carnitas were very well seasoned and each taco was topped with a spicy salsa that made my eyes water a little but was very pleasing to my palate. I will brave the oily/smoky air and come back again.


Also on the plus side, there's a bakery a few doors down with a wall full of colorful and sweet looking pastries, cookies and Mexican breads. A nice way to end a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment