Monday, January 26, 2015

Littlejohn's Candies--San Francisco (Candy Shop)

Established in 1924, this candy shop has the experience and know-how to make decadent candies for all ages. Located at 1422 Market Street, it's just a hop, skip and jump away from the Civic Center BART station. They also have another location in Los Angeles.

I don't have a huge sweet tooth, but I do appreciate well-made sweet treats that are not too sweet, have different textural components and are made with quality ingredients.

Here were some of the things I've enjoyed.

http://www.littlejohnscandies.com/


Salted Caramel Squares. They have amazing caramel. These were bite-sized bits of salty, chewy, sweet, tasty stickiness that just melts in your mouth.





Salted Caramel Marshmallow Delight. I'm not a big marshmallow fan, but these are dense, handmade marshmallows covered with their fantastic caramel.





Pistachio Toffee. Buttery toffee topped with pistachios and covered in dark chocolate. Works for me!




Chocolate Bacon Salted Caramel. How can they make their already great caramel even better? Add bacon and chocolate. Little pieces of salty, smokey goodness topped bite-sized caramel squares, which were then dipped in a little dark chocolate. Yum.





English Toffee. I can say this is probably the best English Toffee I've ever had. It wasn't too sweet, it was buttery without feeling too oily, it had the perfect crunchy crumble that doesn't immediately get stuck into all your teeth, and the roasted almonds gave it a nice nuttiness. So good.



I don't visit this San Francisco area too often, but when I do, this is one of the stops I make.


No comments:

Post a Comment