Friday, April 3, 2015

Hot Pink (Cocktail Recipe)

One of my favorite things to do is to pretend I'm a mixologist and experiment at home with cocktails. I think I enjoy making cocktails over actually drinking them. Perhaps a part-time bartending job is in my future. I was experimenting with Raff Distillerie's Bummer & Lazarus Dry Gin and this is something I came up with that's a bit spicy and sweet. Hope you enjoy!

For more info on the gin I used, please visit: http://www.raffdistillerie.com/gin.html

Here's what you'll need:
2 oz. Bummer & Lazarus Dry Gin
1/2 oz. Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
1/2 oz. lime juice
3/4 oz. pomegranate simple syrup (recipe follows)
1/4 oz. egg white (optional)
15 drops Hellfire bitters
1/4 inch slice jalapeno pepper
4 drops Hibiscus bitters

Here's what you'll do:
- Add all ingredients except the Hibiscus bitters to a cocktail shaker filled half-way with ice.
- Cover and shake vigorously until frost forms on the outside; about 10 seconds.
- Strain into a lowball glass.
- Add 4 drops of Hibiscus bitters over the top for garnish.
- Enjoy!

Pomegranate simple syrup recipe
- Add 1 cup of pomegranate seeds to a medium pot.
- Add 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat, let cool a bit and strain.
- This can keep well in the freezer for up to 6 months. Due to the sugar content, it will remain slushy when frozen. You can just scoop out what you need and return the container to the freezer for future use.













No comments:

Post a Comment