Monday, December 18, 2017

Cardamom Lemon Coffee (Recipe)

On a cold Sunday morning, I felt like something a little different for my weekend coffee indulgence. Something like this would probably be scoffed at by the coffee purists, but, I guess I'm not a coffee purist. The warm, fragrant spices made me feel cozy and the lemon oil invigorated me. This pleasant effect kept me going and stayed with me for at least a few hours. 



Here's what you'll need:
7 grams freshly ground coffee beans of your choice
4 ounces of water, heated to between 195 and 205 degrees Fahrenheit
3 ounces while milk, warmed in a pot or in the microwave
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
1 strip lemon peel

Here's what you'll do:
- Brew coffee beans with a french press, drip method or whichever way you choose.
- Add the milk, sugar and cardamom and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bend the lemon zest to express the oils over the coffee and drop it in.
- For a frothy, cocktail feel without the booze, add everything to a cocktail shaker with ice, shake until cold and strain over fresh ice in a tall glass.
- Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment