Sunday, October 14, 2012

Slider Bar--Palo Alto (American cuisine)

I was recently reminded of this place in Palo Alto when I read in an article that another location is opening in San Francisco. So I made the effort to go and I was very happy I did. Located at 324 University Ave. in Palo Alto, Slider Bar has 19 different types of sliders to choose from. I love this concept. Who doesn't like burgers? And at Slider Bar, you don't have to choose just one huge burger, you can taste as many little ones as you like. Every single one of those little darlings was juicy, tasty and delicious. I will keep coming back until I've tried all 19... at least twice.

For more info, visit: http://sliderbarcafe.com/

I started out with a glass of Delirium Tremens (on the left), a golden ale brewed with three types of yeast. It was very crisp and refreshing with just the right amount of hoppiness. I thought this would pair well with any type of burger I ordered. The other beer (on the right) is a Kristallweissbier, a mild German brew. All their beers can be ordered by a taste (four ounces), a glass or a pitcher. They also have a nice selection of wines.


Of course fries were in order and I didn't hesitate to get a side of Sweet Potato Fries with Honey Mustard and Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch sauces (they have 12 different sauces to choose from). All the fries (four different options) are Belgian style, which means they are fried twice. Once at a lower temperature and once at a higher temperature. This ensures the inside is soft and moist while the outside is nice and crisp.


Club Med. Made with a ground lamb, beef, garlic & ginger patty, crumbled feta cheese, olives, artichokes, tomato, pickled onions, and garlic sauce on a multigrain bun. Even though this was a lamb and beef combo patty, the flavor of the lamb was the star.


Please & Q's. Housemade pulled pork, barbeque sauce, pickled onions, and cole slaw on a white bun. The pork was tender and they really piled it on that little bun!


American Pride: Who doesn't like a good ol' classic burger with beef, bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickled onions and mayo on a white bun? Not me. They had nice thick slices of bacon.


Fatty Patty. Kobe beef. 'Nuf said. Okay, I'll say more. Kobe beef is one of my favorite types of beef since the meat is so juicy, moist, tender and full of beefy flavor. Actually, if I was a cow that lived a life full of massages, awesome grass and beer, I'd be happy to sacrifice myself for someone's burger. I also added egg (it's scrambled rather than fried) and cheddar cheese for this particular slider.


Pickled Pink. This patty is made with ground shrimp, chili and ginger and served with pickled onions, cilantro & lime mayo, and arugula. I love shrimp, and this wasn't a patty that had all sorts of non-shrimp filler. Excellent.


Magic Mushroom. For the mushroom lover. Rather than meat, this slider had balsamic-marinated portobello mushrooms, picked onions, swiss cheese, arugula, and lemon mayo on a multigrain bun.


All Slider Bar's ingredients are housemade, fresh, high-quality and sustainable, which makes me feel good about supporting them. They also serve salads, soup, milk shakes and chicken wings, which I will definitely keep in mind for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment