Sunday, October 7, 2012

Zorba's Mediterranean Cafe & Grill--Fremont (Mediterranean cuisine)

I've been eyeing this place for several months now, since they are in the same complex as the salon I go to. I was finally able to try it today and I was not disappointed. It's quite a large space with flat-screen TVs with the game on and beer on tap. I was impressed to see Speakeasy on tap (one of my favorite breweries). They also have quite a variety of items on their menu, including, not only falafel and lamb shawurma, but also burgers, paninis and salads. Located at 46505 Mission Blvd. in South Fremont, apparently this establishment has been in business for over 35 years. How I never noticed them before is beyond me.

I tried the Lamb Gyro and the Falafel Wrap; both with lightly toasted lavosh bread and both were as enormous as they were delicious.

The Lamb Gyro had real chunks of lamb pieces rather than strips of compressed ground lamb with maybe some other things in there; which I am not a fan of. The meat was very well grilled with all the fixins' such as tzatziki sauce (which they call "Greek" sauce), fresh tomatoes, onions and cabbage.


The Falafel Wrap had nicely prepared falafels inside. They were crisp on the outside and soft and moist on the inside. Also with tzatziki sauce, tomatoes, onions and cabbage. Delicious!



I will definitely be coming back. Their burgers sound good and it seems like a nice place to hang out on a sunday to watch the game and drink some good brews.

No comments:

Post a Comment