Monday, December 10, 2012

The Ace of Sandwiches--Palo Alto (Sandwich shop)

I seem to be on a sandwich kick lately and I recently discovered this tiny little family-owned sandwich shop at 3864 El Camino Real in Palo Alto. The place is about as big as my living room, but the service was very friendly and the sandwich making fast and delicious.

All their meats, breads and vegetables are super fresh.They also have quite an extensive selection on their menu with pre-set sandwiches or create your own from over 25 different meats and more than 18 different add ons like artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes. For a small additional charge, you can even get six ounces of meat rather than the standard four, widening your flavor options.

Their web site: http://www.theaceofsandwiches.com/

I ended up getting three sandwiches on this visit. This one was "The Sub" with ham, salami, prosciutto, lettuce, tomato, olives, pickles, dijon mustard, mayo, artichoke hearts, oil & vinegar. I opted to have this on Foccacia bread rather than the soft roll that it normally comes with. Delicious and a nice size. Eating the whole thing would have put me over the edge.


Sandwich number two was "The Ace of Clubs" with low-sodium turkey, honey maple ham, bacon, lettuce, tomato, monterey jack cheese, mayo, and yellow mustard on a grilled soft roll. The soft roll was soft on the inside and had a nice crust on the outside. The bacon was nice and crisp too. Delicious.


Sandwich number three was my own creation. I opted to get extra meat. On a soft roll I had cracked pepper turkey, liverwurst, prosciutto, mortadella, mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomato, pepperoncini, mayo, lettuce, oil & vinegar. It was fantastic. They should name this sandwich after me (The Chu-wich or The Chu) and have it on a separate "$11 sandwich menu". I think it would be a hit.


Open seven days a week, you can get your sandwich fix any time. And judging from the sampling I had the other day, it will be good.

1 comment: