Monday, May 30, 2011

Crab & artichoke dip (Recipe)

The other day I visited a newish local sandwich place nearby. It will remain unnamed because I didn't think it was that great. However, on their menu they listed a crab and artichoke dip that was served with tortilla chips. I didn't order it, but it inspired me to create my own version of this dish. I think I did pretty well, especially since I could barely remember to get a picture of it before my boyfriend and I gobbled it up. It tastes better than this picture makes it look...trust me.


I used half a can of real crab meat, about 6 ounces, picked through to get any shells out. Then I roughly chopped 9 pieces of jarred, marinated artichoke hearts and threw those together. I then shredded about 1/2 cup each of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses and mixed it all together with one packet of softened cream cheese, 1 tsp. Lowry's seasoning salt and 1 tsp. fresh pepper. After mixing all very thoroughly, I put it into a small oven-proof glass dish, topped it with shredded cheddar cheese and baked it, covered, at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes until it was nice and bubbly. Definitely tortilla chip worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment