Saturday, May 21, 2011

Honey-mustard chicken wings (Recipe)

I just happen to have a gallon of mustard in my fridge. It was on sale at Smart & Final and it's great for this recipe. Plus it takes a long time for mustard to go bad, so I'm not worried. In an effort to find different ways to prepare chicken, I came up with this recipe. It's not that innovative, but I think it's good. Who doesn't like honey mustard?

For the wings, I usually buy packages of whole wings and cut them up myself. These are usually a bit cheaper and then you can use the small flap of the wing that most people don't eat to make chicken stock. For the marinade for 24 wings, I pour 1 1/2 cups of yellow mustard, 1/2 cup of Dijon mustard, 1 cup of honey, 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 tsp. of liquid smoke, 1 tbsp. of garlic powder and 1 tsp. of fresh pepper into a bowl. I then whisk until thoroughly combined. I usually taste it to make sure it's sweet enough. If not, I'll add more honey.

I then throw the chicken wings into the marinade and toss to coat. After refrigerating for about 5 hours up to overnight, I'll bake the wings on a cookie sheet in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes and serve with Ranch dressing. Scrumptious and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment