Monday, October 10, 2011

Patxi's Chicago Pizza--Palo Alto


I've found a new place for great deep-dish pizza. Located at 441 Emerson Street in Palo Alto, Patxi's has several locations around the bay area, including three locations just in S.F. alone. 

It was fairly busy when I got there at about 6:30pm on a Saturday night. But one convenient aspect of Patxi's is that you can put in your order while you're waiting for a table. Then, hopefully, by the time you get a table, your pizza will be ready as well. While waiting for a table, I enjoyed a pint of Hoegaarden Wit bier, a very pale Belgian white ale.

While I was expecting to enjoy a good brew, I was not expecting my brew to look like lemonade. But the taste, as light as it was, still had body and flavor. I must hand it to the Belgians. They do make a good brew.
We enjoyed two different pizzas. One was their signature stuffed deep dish. Pictured below and savored was the Classic Meat combo with pepperoni, Italian sausage and Canadian bacon. Not only were all the toppings and sauce fresh, the dough was probably one of the best that I've tasted on a deep dish pizza. I'm not sure how they cook it or what they put in it, but it wasn't overly cooked on the outside or doughy on the inside. It was also buttery and had a sweetness to it. Everything was in perfect harmony, like a well-conducted symphony of flavors and textures.


We also tried a "thin crust" pizza. This one was their Prosciutto combo with aged prosciutto and mozzarella. Also a winning crust that was crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. The next time I visit Patxi's, I will be sure to try their "extra thin crust" pizza.

 It's also a good feeling to patronize an establishment that believes in sustainability and eco-efficiency. Patxi's composts all food waste and all their take out materials are recyclable or compostable. Their produce vendors also purchase from local and organic farmers as much as possible. Excellent food, excellent drink, and environmentally responsible. What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment