Friday, June 8, 2012

Buffalo Bills Brewery--Hayward (American cuisine)

While in Hayward the other week, I visited one of my favorite breweries. Buffalo Bills Brewery, located at 1082 B Street, not only creates excellent brews that you can find bottled in grocery stores, but also serves their frosty beverages with some good eats. Their specialties include pizza and sandwiches.

Even though they had a change of ownership recently, which included some changes to the menu, I found the beer still tasted the same and the food they offered was delicious. I was disappointed they no longer offer the Buffalo club sandwich, as that was one of my favorites, but the sandwich I ended up ordering was pretty tasty.

I did, however, like the change they made with their beer glasses. For the perfect pour, their extra long beer glasses come with a pint line to allow room for the head of the beer without any overflow, while also preventing patrons from balking at a pour that might be just shy of a full pint. I am someone who can appreciate this, as I've had skimpy pints at other establishments. Below is their Ricochet Red and Hayward Hef, plus a little taste of their Strawberry Ale. Not my kind of ale, but a free sample is always appreciated.


For my entree, I picked a hearty meat pizza. Their pizzas are a medium crust that's crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. If you like a super thin crust, this pizza isn't for you. However, if you don't mind a thicker crust, you will definitely be satisfied with the fresh cheeses, sauces and real meat toppings. Nothing processed here. For about $10, the value is great for the portion size.



One of my other favorites at Buffalo Bills is their sandwiches. They now make their own potato chips that are served with each sandwich. I love these potato chips. They're thick cut and fried to a really crunchy consistency. I love crunchy things so I'm a big fan of these chips. Below is my Pesto Chicken sandwich served on a Ciabatta bun with a sun-dried tomato spread. It was a nice piece of real chicken breast. Good portion size as well.

There aren't many places in Hayward that I think have great food, but Buffalo Bills has been keeping people happy since 1983 and they are still going strong. I would highly recommend paying them a visit if you are in the area or in need of a pre- or post-movie meal, as there is a movie theater right across the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment