Sunday, June 3, 2012

Corn Salad (Recipe)

When the weather is warm, I have little desire to turn on the stove or the oven. So, for a side dish, I made a cold corn salad using leftover boiled corn from the previous day. This is a very refreshing salad that can also be put into sandwiches or over lettuce salads. Here's what I did.

I started off making the dressing. In a medium bowl I whisked together 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice, 1 tsp. honey, 4 tbsp. olive oil, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. I then cut the corn kernels off two cobs of leftover, already cooked, corn. I then diced about 1/4 of a red bell pepper, and roughly chopped a handful of fresh cilantro. I threw everything into the bowl with the dressing and tossed with a spoon. I love the crunch and sweetness of fresh corn on the cob.



No comments:

Post a Comment